Xanterra Parks & Resorts, official National Park Service concessionaire for Mount Rushmore National Memorial, is committed to long-term business practices that aid the environment. Below are just a few of our initiatives.
Mount Rushmore Gift Store
- Constructed large-scale gardens and greenhouses to provide fresh herbs and vegetables
- Implemented the latest in kitchen technologies, including variable speed hood control system
- Installed 40-gallon kitchen-to-biodiesel recycler generating 400 gallons of fuel per year
- Purchased private-label South Dakota wines
- Purchased South Dakota popcorn
About Mount Rushmore
Mount Rushmore National Memorial, located in the Black Hills near Keystone, S.D., features the dramatic, 60-foot-high sculptures of four U.S. presidents- Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt. The monument, visible from 60 miles away, was carved by sculptor Gutzon Borglum from 1927 to 1941. Xanterra operates a 10,000-square-foot gift shop, cafeteria and fast-food facility at the memorial.
For more information about Xanterra sustainability initiatives, please visit Xanterra.com.