Notice: Wearing a face mask is required in all buildings in the national park, regardless of vaccination status
Due to social distancing we have limited our menu for the time being. There is limited interior and outdoor patio seating and all meals are packaged to go.
Mount Rushmore Health & Safety Program
As a company that has operated for over 150 years in some of the most beautiful places on earth, we take pride in every aspect of our operations to deliver an unforgettable experience to our guests. From our front-of-house staff to our housekeepers to our kitchens, our focus on the health and safety of our guests and employees has always been fundamental to our operations as is our dedication to providing guests with flexibility to modify, customize, or cancel reservations. It is simply Second Nature to how we operate.
As we navigate these new and interesting times, we are evaluating every aspect of our operations and taking steps to strengthen employee and guest safety. This page on our website will be a resource to understand all of the practices we have in place regarding the health and safety of our employees and guests. We look forward to welcoming you to the magical place that we are fortunate enough to call home.
Working with Experts
We continue to adopt appropriate sanitization measures as prescribed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and encourage you to refer to this respected resource as you make your own near-term travel plans. Our company is in frequent contact with local authorities and partners such as County Health Departments and the National Park Service to continually monitor the situation on a regional level. Together with our internal Health & Safety Team, Xanterra is also consulting with health experts to develop new operational protocols in keeping with governmental guidelines. We are closely monitoring government policy changes, CDC guidelines, government mandates, and public health advancements, and will continue to make changes as necessary and appropriate to our operations.
What are We Doing to Keep Employees and Guests Safe?
At Mount Rushmore National Memorial, the safety of our guests and staff is a top priority. Our operations include lodging, food and beverage, tours, recreation, retail, and management of many public spaces. We are addressing each area of our business with a Health & Safety Team from the Xanterra Corporate Office, working in concert with our management teams in the field at each of our locations. The cross-functional team has developed a comprehensive set of policies and protocols to enhance safety for our guests and employees across all Xanterra brands.
These ongoing efforts include:
- Mandatory Mask Policy: Wearing a face mask is required in all buildings in the national park, regardless of vaccination status.
- Physical Distancing: Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property. Any area where guests or employees queue will be clearly marked for appropriate physical distancing. This includes check-in, check-out, elevator lobbies, and dining outlets. Employees will be reminded not to touch their faces and to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from guests and other employees.
- Ongoing Cleaning: Xanterra is exercising increased vigilance in cleaning public spaces and disinfecting hard surfaces at all of our operations including but not limited to lobbies, registration, restrooms, counters, furniture, elevators, telephones, food outlets, and cash registers. Our operations use cleaning products and protocols that meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use as a suite of solutions effective against viruses, bacteria and other and bloodborne pathogens. Our Corporate Supply Chain Management Team is working with our vendors, distribution partners and suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of these cleaning supplies.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, will be placed at key guest and employee entrances and contact areas such as reception areas, hotel lobbies, restaurant entrances, and exercise areas.
- Employee Training: All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Public Area Department, and Security. Employee pre-shift meetings will be conducted in areas that allow for appropriate physical distancing between employees. Hand sanitizer will be available at appropriate key locations and employees will be required to wash their hands after clocking in and throughout their workday.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence with state or local regulations and CDC guidance. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory. Every employee entering guest areas will be provided a face covering and will be required to wear it while working. Gloves will be provided to employees whose responsibilities require them as determined by our Health & Safety Team in consultation with medical experts. This includes housekeeping, other public area attendants and security officers in direct contact with guests.
Xanterra takes great pride in our company safety and health record. Still, in these times we may find that we have to respond to a case of COVID-19 in our community. Every location within the company initiated an Incident Response Team very early in the COVID-19 event. These teams have worked tirelessly to keep our communities safe and return to business in a responsible manner. These teams all have detailed response plans in place should we have to react to an exposure event. These plans include employee and guest communication, super sanitation by industrial hygiene-certified cleaning companies and consultation with experts to create a safe environment.
We look forward to showing you A World of Unforgettable Experiences during your visit.
A Message from Our Parent Company, Xanterra Travel Collection
We appreciate your desire to travel with the brands of the Xanterra Travel Collection and our policies are designed to give you confidence in booking trips with our brands. If you would like to learn the health and safety standards the brands of the Xanterra Travel Collection share, click here or on the button below.