Xanterra Parks & Resorts
As the park concessionaire, Xanterra Parks & Resorts is proud to operate both dining and shopping facilities at Mount Rushmore National Memorial. We continue to set the standard for ecologically sound parks & resorts that complement, not harm, their natural surroundings.
We invite you to learn more about Xanterra Parks & Resorts or visit our other destinations.
National Park Operations
- Crater Lake National Park
- Death Valley National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park South Rim
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Petrified Forest National Park
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Yellowstone National Park
- Zion National Park
State Park Operations
- Ohio State Park Lodges
- Deer Creek Lodge and Conference Center
- Maumee Bay Lodge and Conference Center
- Mohican Lodge and Conference Center
- Punderson Manor Lodge and Conference Center
- Salt Fork Lodge and Conference Center
- Geneva State Park Marina
Resorts & Other Holdings
Xanterra Kingsmill, LLC
Windstar Cruises, LLC
The Road to Xanterra
Our Company philosophy of warm and friendly hospitality began 135 years ago with Fred Harvey, a 19th century visionary who provided weary travelers on the Santa Fe Railroad with a warm bed and a home-cooked meal. Today, we are the largest park management company in the nation, with operations spanning from Yellowstone to Grand Canyon, and we remain true to the legacy of simple hospitality established by Fred Harvey.
Our name “Xanterra” is derived from “Xanadu,” originated in the poem Kubla Khan by Samuel Taylor Coleridge, who depicts Xanadu as an idyllic and beautiful paradise, and from “terra,” the Latin word for earth. Thus, the name means “beautiful places on earth.”
At Xanterra we recognize the interdependence between our resorts and the natural environment and we are committed to the preservation and protection of the environment in each of our “beautiful places on earth.” For this reason, we’ve:
- Banned endangered fish from all our menus
- Installed emission controls on our tour buses
- Reduced our global greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduced our energy and water consumption
And, we will continue to set the standard for ecologically sound resorts that complement, not harm, their natural surroundings.